The Upper Back (Cervical and Dorsal Regions)
If you suffer from headaches and migraines, powerful painkillers only address the symptom, the pain, but not the source of the problem. Drugs “hide” the pain, which then “peeks out” in other ways, for example as ulcers or gastritis, which is dangerous, especially for pregnant women and the elderly.
If left untreated, cervical, and dorsal issues can cause permanent damage and result in arthritis.
In the case of someone who does a lot of sports, who has recently been injured, the sooner you consult with us, the less likely you are to suffer from permanent disability. We also recommend that you have regular checkups to assure that your spine and other joints remain in the proper position.
Bad posture can cause problems including:
- In the neck: headaches, migraines, and torticollis
- In the shoulders: tendinitis, frozen shoulder, and inflammation of the shoulder joint
- In the arms: tingling and sensations of hot or cold
- In the elbows: tennis elbow, and inflammation of the joints
- In the wrists: inflammation of the joint tendons and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Headaches are often caused by muscular tension from maintaining poor posture in the workplace, from an accident, or from stress. To compensate and try to maintain the head in a “normal” position, the muscles over-compensate using strong contractions… resulting in a throbbing migraine and even nausea.